The support that Mersey Maritime is able to offer the businesses within its network are focused around four main areas of activity:
- Networking and Collaboration
- Communications, Marketing and Sign-posting
- Lobbying, Representation and Championing
- Business Support and Development
We exist to be a catalyst for growth, influencing policy in the sector and drive change to help it develop and thrive in our region and beyond.
As the representative body for the maritime sector in the Liverpool City Region, we work with businesses large and small.
Our key priority is to support our ecosystem by helping to encourage growth, create new jobs and improve business performance.
We offer a wide range of networking events and specialist activities to support businesses and promote the dynamism of the maritime industry at a local, regional and national level.
During the course of the year, we typically hold:
- A monthly ‘Face-2-Face’ networking breakfast or digital equivalent which casts a spotlight on an individual company or group of members – our core and most popular activity.
- Specialist forums which deep dive into aspects of the industry and are available to members.
- Bespoke briefings on subjects that are critical to the future of the maritime industry.
- Our flagship annual conference, The Maritime Exchange: a comprehensive and innovative thought leadership event.
- The United Kingdom’s most established and largest sector celebration event, the Mersey Maritime Industry Awards.
With the support of the whole team, Mersey Maritime is committed to promoting each of its members with bespoke support that reflects their membership status. Our passion is to help businesses increase their visibility and grow as a result.
Our current communications and marketing support is available as follows:
- Active social media platforms across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn which share the latest news from Mersey Maritime and its members.
- The Mersey Maritime Ezine (e-magazine) which has an average readership of over 1500 individuals.
- A dedicated entry in the Mersey Maritime Members Directory which is accessible to all members and open for general perusal.
- Digital marketing opportunities such as video promotions.
- Opportunities to contribute to events that help raise the profile of businesses, from our Face-2-Face to our annual Maritime Exchange Conference
Successful businesses offering good quality jobs in a thriving industry sit at the heart of what Mersey Maritime does. We work closely with all our members to ensure they have access to the latest skills and training opportunities to help our industry succeed.
The Liverpool City Region and the greater North West has one of the broadest and most comprehensive maritime clusters in the world. Our job is to harness the expertise that’s on offer across the industry regionally and help build the best possible supply chains locally.
We are a partner for government to deploy briefing and initiatives for delivery in the region, around all the most topical themes that are important to the maritime industry just now. This work can be short, medium or long term but above all it is driven by the priorities of Mersey Maritime members.
Recent areas of focus have been on:
- Covid-19 recovery and support
- Backing calls for a dedicated ‘Minister for the Coastal Powerhouse’, a Maritime UK led initiative to put our vital coastal communities on the same level as the Northern Powerhouse or Midlands Engine
- Lobbying for key infrastructure projects such as better transport connectivity between the east and west coasts of England
- Drawing key partners together to help deliver projects such as a Freeport for our region.
- Helping the industry rise to the challenge of delivering ‘Net Zero Maritime’ on an ambitious timescale as part of the wider government decarbonisation agenda.