We are a partner for government to deploy briefing and initiatives for delivery in the region, around all the most topical themes that are important to the maritime industry just now. This work can be short, medium or long term but above all it is driven by the priorities of Mersey Maritime members.
Recent areas of focus have been on:
- Covid-19 recovery and support
- Backing calls for a dedicated ‘Minister for the Coastal Powerhouse’, a Maritime UK led initiative to put our vital coastal communities on the same level as the Northern Powerhouse or Midlands Engine
- Lobbying for key infrastructure projects such as better transport connectivity between the east and west coasts of England
- Drawing key partners together to help deliver projects such as a Freeport for our region.
- Helping the industry rise to the challenge of delivering ‘Net Zero Maritime’ on an ambitious timescale as part of the wider government decarbonisation agenda.