This privacy notice explains how Mersey Maritime Ltd uses and protects and the information you provide.
Mersey Maritime is committed to ensuring your information is treated with the upmost respect and your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice which provides detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ‘personal data’ is defined as any personally identifiable information relating to a Data Subject such as Name, ID Numbers, Location Data, Online Identifiers, etc.
What we collect
Mersey Maritime Ltd may collect the following ‘Personal Data:’
- Name & Job Title
- Contact information including telephone number, email address, and IP address
- Specific marketing preferences
- Dietary requirements/allergies (for catering purposes)
- Responses to any Mersey Maritime surveys
- Website Cookie Information – if you use the contact form on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year
- Images taken from our on-site CCTV which covers our car park, and main corridor at our offices at the Maritime Knowledge Hub (3 Vanguard Way, Birkenhead, CH41 9HX)
Mersey Maritime may collect the following information about companies:
- Company contact information including telephone number, email address, and address.
- Company financial information (including information obtained from Companies House)
What we do with information we gather
We use information provided to us to ensure that members can access and engage with our services. We use your information in the following ways:
- To keep you up to date with any upcoming events, projects, or news you may wish to be involved with (members may opt out of our marketing emails at any time)
- To provide members with a space in our members directory in the Mersey Maritime website. Information hosted on this page is provided by the member, contact details may be included. The members directory is password protected and the password is only shared with Mersey Maritime members on request.
- To provide event delegate lists, featuring individual’s names and company names only.
- To facilitate and maintain trading relationships between members
- To keep you safe with our onsite CCTV
Why we collect the information
We collect and use this information for the following reasons:
- For performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter a contract
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party (e.g. for maintaining records of trading history, to comply with the terms of our insurance), but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights for freedoms
We seek to ensure that the collection and processing of these information is always proportionate.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties other than at the request of credit reference agencies, credit insurers, or statutory bodies, unless we have your permission or are required to do so.
We may distribute your personal information to our IT suppliers in the course of our legitimate interests in maintaining our network and computer systems (service contracts are in place to ensure security of information).
Mersey Maritime reserves the right to disclose to third parties your personal information for the commercial purpose of discharging any liability for rates/utilities and/or recovering any outstanding debt/monies owed.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Suzanne Fulton, Office Manager, Mersey Maritime, Maritime Knowledge Hub, 3 Vanguard Way, Birkenhead CH41 9HX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If we are unable to resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal information, the Information Commissioner can be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.